Summer Reading Program
Tails and Tales!
Every bit a child reads makes a difference in their reading skills for the summer and keeps them prepared for returning to school.
Join us this summer to participate in our summer reading program!
Join us for:
- Movie Mondays where we interact with the movie
- Teen Tuesdays for Crunchyroll and Game Nights!
- Water Wednesdays where we will be doing storytimes at the pool or crafts by the splashpad, (Different HOAs on different days so be sure to watch our Facebook!)
- Theatre Thursdays - Storytimes with the family and Reader's Theathers
- Funky Fridays - Each Friday is different and may have performers, ice cream fun, crafts and more!
End of Summer Celebration
Join us on July 31, 2021 from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM for our End Celebration to summer! Enjoy food trucks, face painting, balloon animals, food trucks, and more! Fun is free but food has a fee. We will also be announcing our Summer Reading Winners!
The Heard Museum Animal Ambassadors will be visiting between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM.
Logging minutes ends July 26th! Everyone be sure to turn your logs in before or on July 28th! Any logs turned in after July 28th will not be considered for our grand prizes.
The goal is to read 800 minutes before the end of summer for babies, juniors, teens and young adults. Adults, your goal is to read 8 books. Go above and beyond to win one of our top 3 prizes! We have 3 top prizes for each age range. Age ranges are as follows:
- Babies (0-4 years old)
- Juniors (5-10 years old)
- Teens (11-14 years old)
- Young Adults (15-18 years old)
- Adults (graduated high school 18+ years old)
Follow our Facebook for more information!
2020 Summer Reading Program - Fairy Tales!
- 165 patrons of all ages came together and read 128,322 minutes!
- Participants included 33 adults, 7 young adults (15-18 years old), 42 teens (11-14 years old), 67 children (5-10 years old), and 18 infants (0-4 years old with the help of some adults).
- Total of 145 books read
- Though we had to do some things differently and virtually this year, the Melissa Public Library appreciates everyone's participation!
2019 Summer Reading Program
- 423 children signed up to participate; 96 reached their goal of 800 minutes!
- 202,593 minutes (3,376.55 hours) were read in total.
- The highest readers read between 5,340 minutes and 13,120 minutes.