How do I apply for a solicitors/peddlers permit?

You must submit a Solicitors Application (PDF), consent to a background check, and pay an annual fee of $50 to obtain a City of Melissa Solicitor’s Permit.

You may download and complete the application ahead of time, but you must submit your application in person to the Melissa Police Department on the 2nd Floor of Melissa City Hall located at 3411 Barker Avenue. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.

Once you submit your application, a background check will be completed and a photo ID and paper permit will be issued to you. This can take up to 7 business days.

Required Documentation

You will need to show your driver’s license, and submit a $50 annual fee with your application.

If you are a food truck vendor, you must submit a copy of your county health certificate before your application will be processed.

Payment Methods

We take cash, checks, or a money order. Sorry we are not able to take credit card payments at this time.


Any questions should be directed to Officer Brandi Davidson by email or by calling 972-838-2033.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for an alcohol permit?
2. How do I apply for a position on City Boards and Commissions?
3. How do I apply for employment with the City of Melissa?
4. How do I apply for Collin County Transit discount programs?
5. How do I apply for a Melissa Public Library Card?
6. How do I apply for a residential permit?
7. How do I apply for a Senior Citizen's Discount on Solid Waste Services?
8. How do I apply for a solicitors/peddlers permit?
9. How do I apply for a Residential Tax Exemption?