May 6, 2017 Special Called Municipal Election
Special Municipal election has been called by the City Council to be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 for the purpose of filling a vacancy in the office of City Council, Place 5.
Election Notices:Notice of Municipal Election - May 6, 2017 (English)Notice of Municipal Election - May 6, 2017 (Espanol)Candidate Information: Complete Candidate Packet (posted 2.16.17)
*Note this is a large document and may take a while to open, the separate sections are provided for you below for quicker access if you prefer*
Below are the list of required forms and supplemental information for candidates. These items are also available as a complete packet from the City Secretary's Office Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Message from the City Secretary
Qualifications for Candidates
Application for Place on the Special Election Ballot - English / Espanol
Appointment of Campaign Treasurer by Candidate
- This form must be filed in the City Secretary’s office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. beginning February 15, 2017 and ending March 6, 2017.
- There is no filing fee.
- This form is to be filed in the City Secretary's Office as soon as you become a candidate and before you make any expenditure or accept any contributions.
- Instructions on how to complete the form
Texas Ethics Commission Campaign Finance Guide for Candidates and Officeholders Who File with Local Filing Authorities
Texas Ethics Commission 2017 Filing Schedule Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report and Instruction Guide
- These reports are to be filed in the City Secretary's Office by the dates specified on the Election Calendar.
- PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO SCHEDULES FOR TIMELY FILING OF YOUR CAMPAIGN FINANCE REPORTS.
Political Advertising "What You Need to Know"
Code of Fair Campaign Practices Form
Election Code Chapter 258, Fair Campaign Practices
Texas Ethics Commission Title 15 of the Texas Election Code
If you have filed for office in the past, please note that many of the forms have been revised.
Please do not hesitate to Contact the City Secretary at City Hall, 972-838-2520.
If you have any questions regarding the Texas Ethics Commission reports, they should be directed to the Texas Ethics Commission at 1-800-325-8506.